@ 2012 Romel's Roost. Powered by Blogger.

"A work of art is above all an adventure of the mind."

~ Eugene Ionesco ~

"Day At The Downs"

Louisville is best known for its Kentucky Derby,  "the fastest two (2) minutes in sports"!  The race is the first Saturday of May each year, but the photos below were taken a day before the Spring Meet ended in July at the historic Churchill Downs.

Taking pictures of the actual horse race is a challenge!  I couldn't get it right, adjusting the shutter speed is a nightmare!  I promised myself to study more and be able to capture it right the next time. 

But it didn't stop me from clicking my camera, I thought below are some interesting subjects.  From the majestic twin spires, the betting windows in an old section of the track, the colorful silks worn by the jockeys, the mighty thoroughbreds, the ever-working grooms, the display of "derby" hats, of a family enjoying the race, and of the betting or of one simply sipping a mint julep...



























0 comments:

Post a Comment